Monday 9 November 2009

Monday, Monday, so good to me

Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be'

Okay, the Mammas and the Papas were singing about lurve, but what do we hope Monday will bring? Or more importantly, as I was getting ready for the week ahead, what is our / my focus for the week?

I was looking at more than a dozen emails in the inbox, a to do list that despite my best efforts seemed to have some items slipping into the red overdue colour and a calendar with several meetings I need to prepare for.

As I sat looking at the above I realised that all these things are secondary, my focus and starting point is God. Working for a Christian organisation makes that quite obvious, but it is still easy to slip into task mode, when sometimes vision and goal mode is where we need to begin.

Why is Monday morning so good to me? Because God is with me.

How is Monday going for you?

Darren

2 comments:

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^

Darren Hill said...

Thanks for the comment, God bless.