Monday 7 March 2011

All good things come to an end

From the regeneration of a favourite Doctor Who to the end of an empire to the end of the whole universe and life as we know it… all good things come to an end. Or so it seems.

As far as I know, the new season of Doctor Who won’t be Matt Smith’s last, but I did want to mention him in a post here. However, I did think that last week would be Colonel Gaddafi’s last as Libyan leader.

But he is still there, and there seems to be little change in the situation. Let’s pray that the situation is resolved quickly, peacefully and in the best interests for the Libyan people.

And last night I ended up feeling a little, ‘So that’s it?’ as I watched Wonders of the Universe. Dr Brian Cox, the Uk’s hip cosmologist, explained entropy and the out-working of the second law of thermodynamics, which basically means that eventually the universe will just fade away to nothing.

I know this will take an unfathomable amount of time, but there is something quite final about such a worn out end to things. Give him his due, he did try to promote the importance of living in the here and now and enjoying the marvel that is life, but even so…

This week’s WordLive covers the end of David’s reign as king of Israel. I wonder how the nation felt at the loss of David? Future generations certainly missed him and longed for a king like David, a messiah in fact.

Personally I think that the Messiah has already existed. And I believe that something exists beyond what is bound by entropy.

How’s your faith holding up?

Darren

1 comment:

gareth said...

I think brian cox is the devil
advocate,full of high imagination
with no solid proof ,just winded
words. fill in the caps with philosophy and words Joe blog gs doesn't understand . and neither does he, that God his the creator
JOHN CH1:3 WHY DO WE SIT BACK AND
let them speak to our generation with there lies . lets make a stance'bbc hypocrits